We did it! After overcoming two filibusters and a veto, the Nebraska Unicameral voted 30-19 to repeal the death penalty. A tremendous thank you to the thousands of people who brought us to this moment after decades of hard work.
Then follow-up with a handwritten thank you note for added effect. There is nothing more touching than a personal thank you. These 30 Senators deserve to hear congratulatory messages from their dedicated constituents!
People across the country are taking notice of the landmark victory in Nebraska! We’ve received mountains of positive press, in both Nebraska and around the globe. Check out some of the great articles below:
“Nebraska’s death penalty is repealed” – Lincoln Journal Star
“How America’s Death Penalty Ends” – Politco
“Bipartisan effort ends death penalty in Nebraska” – National Catholic Reporter
“Nebraska vote ‘signals death knell’ for US capital punishment” – The Telegraph (UK)
“Nebraska bans death penalty, defying a veto” – New York Times
Upcoming EventsNo events to display.
- Victims’ Families Speak Out! ... 3 weeks ago
- Nebraska’s death penalty is repealed! ... 1 month ago
- Legislature passes death penalty repeal! ... 1 month ago
- Statement from Concerned Conservative Nebraskans ... 2 months ago
- Huge victory, act now! ... 2 months ago
- Put the pressure on! ... 3 months ago
- Another Nebraska Conservative leader supports repeal ... 3 months ago
- What’s buzzing? ... 3 months ago